Sinners at the hand of a Angry God.
"They deserve to be cast into hell; so that divine justice never stands in the way, it makes no objection against God's using his power at any moment to destroy them. Yea, on the contrary, justice calls aloud for an infinite punishment of their sins. Divine justice says of the tree that brings forth such grapes of Sodom, "Cut it down, why cumbereth it the ground?" Luke 13:7."
http://www.piney.com/JonEdwSinHands.html
Reflection:
In the piece of literature it discusses the consequences of bad decisions. I really like this passage because he uses bible verses to refer to. In the passage there are some things that i disagree with such ,"They deserve to be cast into hell". Every bad person shouldn't automatically be cast into hell, some people deserve a second chance. How would you feel if you did one bad thing such steal some jeans from j.c. penny, you shouldn't automatically go to hell because of that. But I do agree with when he said there more people making bad or rational decisions and this can make God angry. Another I think that people disobey God have the right to go to hell.
Diary
Dear Diary,
I love living my life even if that means making racial or bad decisions. Sometimes those bad decisions lead to conquences or punish. I know I am just being human because every human make bad decisions at one point in their life. God wouldnt have put us on this if he knew that we wouldnt make any bad decision. If anyone in the world wouldnt make some type of bad decision we would be considered perfect and the only perfect persons is God and Jesus. Although people that make more than one bad decision or one really bad decison should be cast to hell, and the Devil is welcome to have his or her soul.
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Jonathan Edwards Poem
Posted by Julisa at 4:06 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Again, just watch your wording. I like some of the points that you made in your reflection. Your diary was good. Make sure your read back through your work to make sure everything flows and makes sense!
Jenn
Post a Comment