CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 24, 2008

Edward Taylor Poem

Huswifery

http://www.puritansermons.com/poetry/taylor14.htm

Reflection:

In this poem the author, Taylor describes how he wants God to make him complete. He basically saying how his wants God's guidance to guide him through life. To tell how God made him complete he using different types of literature such as metaphors and imagery. The imagery in the poem has a purpose, the spinning wheel is the start of the process, knitting is how the word is connecting with him, the flyer's is the feeling or emotions that he feels of the process, and a spool is his hope, faith and the guidance that the holy spirit gave him. By him using imagery or these types of pictures its easier for the reader to connect with the poem and the author.





Diary:



God,

In need you now, in my time of need. I want you to make me over, complete me Lord. I want you see me a spinning wheel and your the one spinning it. The knitting part should be easy because i have direct words from you, the Holy Bible. Lord, please cloth me with the garments that you provide me for my completion.

In all these things I ask,
Lord please complete me.

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Good Job! I really like the diary. Some spelling corrections in the reflection.
Jenn