"By night when others soundly slept
And hath at once both ease and Rest,
My waking eyes were open kept
And so to lie I found it best. "
http://rpo.library.utoronto.ca/poem/209.html
Reflection:
In this poem she is basically expressing her feelings for God and what God does to her. It sinteresting how she says when everyone is sleep she makes this connection with god. To express her feelings to God she uses rhyme. This poems makes me think about when Im up late a night and lots of things are running through I look to God for answers, help and guidence. When you make connections, such as the one i made, you are able to connect with the author on a higher level.
Diary
Dear Diary,
At night we I lay in bed my mind starts to wonder, but most of the time my mind is focus on God. Its like I am able to make a deeper connection with God. As I wonder and think about God it brings me closer to him. I feel as if he is really alive and is a earthly friend. Even though I know he is just my heavenly friend. Sometimes I think about when he died on the cross for our sins, I have nothing to repay with. Also I think about what life was like when Jesus was alive, and if i was sick would he be able to heal me or is evolution is even real. Another thing that stays on my mind is was the move "Passion of Christ", did all that stuff really occur. From, Anne Bradstreet
Monday, March 24, 2008
Bradstreet Poem- By Night when Others Soundly Slept
Posted by Julisa at 2:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I really like this!
Post a Comment