To My Dear and Loving Husband
"My love is such that rivers cannot quench,
Nor ought but love from thee, give recompense.
Thy love is such I can no way repay,
The heavens reward thee manifold, I pray. "
http://www.vcu.edu/engweb/webtexts/Bradstreet/bradhyp.htm
Reflection:
In this poem she is expressing her feeling for her husband. She just doesn't come out and say i love but she uses things to express how she feels. In this poem, I its great how she expresses her love for her husband. She is passionate for her husband which is her tone. In the line "My love is such that rivers cannot quench" she compares her love to rivers. By her saying this she uses personification, her love is thristy. She also uses inversion, paradox, imagery, and rhyming couplets. In this poem, i think she was feeling happy or even exited because of the wording and the tone of the poem.
Diary
Dear Diary
I love my husband with all my heart and soul. Without him i think that i wouldn't be able to function correctly. I am so grateful to have such a wonderful and loving husband. He is able to uplift my soul with his presence. He feels me up with joy and happiness. He is like air, I cant live without him. He is food when I'm starving, he is water to my flower, he is minutes to my phone.
Love,
Anne Bradstreet
Monday, March 24, 2008
Bradstreet Poem
Posted by Julisa at 11:09 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Good job. I still think you need to express your feelings more.
Post a Comment